Adding variant subtags 'aluku' and 'nduyka' and 'pamaka'fordialects

Michael Everson everson at evertype.com
Sun Aug 23 19:46:08 CEST 2009

On 23 Aug 2009, at 18:35, John Cowan wrote:

> The ISO 639-3 change cycle happens only once a year, takes
> approximately
> five months, and the deadline for 2009 changes is nearly on us.

Really? Why? We sometimes do a very quick turn-around in the ISO 15924
JAC.

> If the requester is able to send in his change request (a rather
> more detailed
> form than we ask for) within the next nine days, he will have to wait
> until February 2010 to get the change -- that is, if the 639-3/RA is
> minded to grant it.

I would like to avoid having to process change forms for these three
subtags again later. Isn't that reasonable?

Wouldn't it be possible for (say) you and Doug and Peter to work with
him over the next nine days to make a submission to the ISO 639 JAC?