Adding variant subtags 'aluku' and 'nduyka' and 'pamaka' for dialects

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Thu Aug 20 18:13:03 CEST 2009

Peter Constable scripsit:

> > There is also the registration form posted at the IANA site.
>
> Then I guess my question is whether we think that is sufficient. Do
> we know all the ways that the LSTR will get used? Will records from
> the registry, but not the corresponding details in registration forms,
> get presented to users in some context where they are left to interpret
> the record without the benefit of the forms?

Probably, but this argument proves too much: there will likewise be
presentations to users that involve only, say, the first Description
field and nothing else, in which case putting all this stuff in the
record is in vain.

--
Newbies always ask:                             John Cowan
  "Elements or attributes?                      http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
Which will serve me best?"                      cowan at ccil.org
  Those who know roar like lions;
  Wise hackers smile like tigers.                   --a tanka, or extended haiku