Adding variant subtags 'aluku' and 'nduyka' and 'pamaka' for dialects

Doug Ewell doug at ewellic.org
Wed Aug 19 14:48:30 CEST 2009

Pascal Vaillant <pascal dot vaillant at guyane dot univ dash ag dot fr>
wrote:

> I really see no need to change anything from:
>
> http://www.alvestrand.no/pipermail/ietf-languages/2009-August/009213.html

With all respect, if you write:

and then also write:

Comments: Aluku (sometimes called Boni), dialect of the "Busi Nenge
  Tongo" English-based Creole continuum in the Eastern Suriname and
  Western French Guiana

you have stated the information *twice* that Aluku is a variant or
dialect of the Busi Nenge Tongo Creole.  There is no particular reason
to state this information twice in the Registry.  Comments fields exist
to add extra information, not to repeat information from other fields.

Similarly, if this dialect is also known as Boni, then IMHO this
information might be better presented as a second Description field
instead of hidden in a comment.

I will not oppose these registrations as they are in 009213, if you
insist and if Michael agrees, but I do recommend making the modest
changes described in 009214.

http://www.ewellic.org