Requests that have been on hold

Doug Ewell doug at ewellic.org
Mon Aug 10 05:19:43 CEST 2009

CE Whitehead <cewcathar at hotmail dot com> wrote:

> Also, why is the added date for [vmf] (and other new subtags) appear
> as:Added: 2029-09-09
> ???Should not it be: Added: 2009-09-09Or??(I'm sorry I am new at this;
> it does not look right but I am sure it is me.)

The 2029-09-09 date was a placeholder in draft-4645bis, and was intended
to be easy to spot so that IANA could replace it with the real date.
Evidently this was a success, because IANA made all the proper
adjustments.  You should see 2009-07-29 for the thousands of new
subtags.

CE and everyone else: the Registry is at
http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry as always.
Please don't use draft-4645bis as a surrogate for the Registry.  It is
no longer even accurate in that regard, as we have made changes.

http://www.ewellic.org