LANGUAGE SUBTAG REGISTRATION FORM (R4) - Pinyin

Michael Everson everson at evertype.com
Fri Sep 26 17:53:18 CEST 2008

On 26 Sep 2008, at 16:00, Phillips, Addison wrote:

>> I think the right way to do this is to use "pinyin" in the same way
>> as "fonupa" is used, applicable to many languages.
>
> Then you should do your job and reject it. If nothing will convince
> you otherwise, waiting for others on the list to give up convincing
> you is effectively a "pocket veto" and is banned by the RFC. Yes,
> Mark will probably appeal. But time long ago expired on this request
> and I'm actually surprised that he hasn't appealed your failure to
> act.

I was in the UK from 12-21 September. At some point toward the end of
that week I sent a message saying that I was extending wadegile/pinyin
for two weeks. I don't know what day I sent it. It was probably the
17th-19th. That was doing my job. The two weeks isn't up yet.

Peter asked me to do some stuff about Pinyin and I am working on it.
In the meantime we made progress with Belarusian, and I have now put
forward a proposed revised wadegile request. Please concentrate on that.