LANGUAGE SUBTAG REGISTRATION FORM (R4): pinyin

David Starner prosfilaes at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 00:57:14 CEST 2008

On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 9:32 AM, Michael Everson <everson at evertype.com> wrote:
> It seems unlikely after 129 years. And I may remind you that en-GB-oed was
> registered in 2003.

Does it seem unlikely that a work that's never had a complete revision
might have some major changes in its first full revision, which the
OED 3 is?

> I'm sorry, but I don't believe that this is correct. The IPA specifies a set
> of characters and the meanings assigned to them.

But there is no question that that set of characters has changed over
the years. Text that was valid IPA in 1933 would now get sent back by
an editor for correction, or silently changed.