acade - LANGUAGE SUBTAG REGISTRATION FORM

Yury Tarasievich yury.tarasievich at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 21:04:15 CEST 2008

Kent Karlsson wrote:

> Anyhow, I, for one, would still like to know why you insist on
> subdividing (by revision year) something that
> has "stayed relatively unchaned for 75 years", while at the same time
> insisting that other variants that in one
> manner of measuring has a 20% difference should use the same variant
> subtag. I would be very surprised
> if something that has "stayed relatively unchanged for 75 years" would
> show a difference even remotely
> approaching 20% by any reasonable manner of measuring (not that I have
> such a measure at hand).
The phrase you are picking at ("...75 years...") initially was part of
the the background info for somewhat different request, concerned with
the mix of the norms in the CLDR data (hence the reference to the 1933
reform). The background info was lifted from those request and used
almost verbatim in this here request (which has to deal with the
specific codification). Hence, some confusion.

-Yury