ID for language-invariant strings

Frank Ellermann nobody at xyzzy.claranet.de
Sat Mar 15 08:57:09 CET 2008

Peter Constable wrote:

> Cobol is pretty exceptional in its similarity to a human language.

Most programming languages use English keywords, for REXX I'm sure
that this is an intentional feature, "when", "otherwise", "say",
"pull", "forever", etc. - more than in any other language I know.

>> The answer, in a word, is creeping featurism.

+1  A recipe for taggers trying to get pesonal names right as noted
by Níall (fr / zxx Pierre Desjardins) would help.  Michael's example
Everson Mono goes in a similar direction.

 Frank