[gnso.secretariat@gnso.icann.org: ICANN Draft TranslationProgrammeopen for public comment]

Doug Ewell doug at ewellic.org
Tue Mar 4 15:30:54 CET 2008

CE Whitehead <cewcathar at hotmail dot com> wrote:

> Thanks for pointing out that Korean does have kore as its suppress
> script; thus these 11 languages should not need a script subtag
> (unless there is a lot of hanja in a Korean document; I believe hanja
> is occasionally used some for scientific writing??).

The Suppress-Script for Korean is 'Kore', which means "some combination
of Hangul and Hanja."  It does not imply Hangul alone; that is what
'Hang' is for.

I'm not sure how much effort we should be devoting to this thread when
we still have two subtag requests to be accepted, rejected, or analyzed
further.

http://www.ewellic.org