Frisian mess (was "Conditional GET" now broken ...)

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Wed Jul 23 16:14:12 CEST 2008

Doug Ewell scripsit:

> What action were we supposed to take with regard to 'frs' and 'stq'?  I
> don't remember any proposal forms, just a general suggestion that ISO
> 639 got some classification wrong.

The trouble is that Ethnologue's description of frs contains a random
mixture of facts about frs and facts about stq.  This confusion goes
back to the 14th edition, which did not clearly distinguish between them.

http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=frs
http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=stq
http://www.ethnologue.com/14/show_language.asp?code=FRS

--
John Cowan  cowan at ccil.org   http://ccil.org/~cowan
Consider the matter of Analytic Philosophy.  Dennett and Bennett are well-known.