Principles of Operation (was LANGUAGE SUBTAG REQUESTFORMErzgebirgisch)

CE Whitehead cewcathar at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 25 18:58:13 CET 2008

I agree that de is best probably for the purposes at hand--but it might be possible to have two prefixes, right? (Thanks to Thomas for sharing his research on this dialect.) Which will be easier ultimately to train, search engines or content developers I could not guess. I personally find that some languages elude exact classification, destroy neat classification schemes, but I really do not work enough in this field at all to say  (mainly I've looked at historical forms of English and French and related, and managed to scan a few texts in Norse and Old Norse though of course I do not read anything Scandinavian at all . . . ; I've looked at a few modern languages, but I am sure that anyone who helps build search engines sees many more). --C. E. Whiteheadcewcathar at hotmail.com> From: nobody at xyzzy.claranet.de> Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 12:02:08 +0100> Subject: Re: Principles of Operation (was LANGUAGE SUBTAG REQUESTFORMErzgebirgisch)>> > Clearly using "ang" (or "sxu") for a research project showing> that this is actually wrong would be odd. OTOH if it is meant> to help all speakers of the dialect that their Web content is> "supported" in various ways, then using less obscure prefixes> "en" (or "de") is better.> > Frank> > _______________________________________________> Ietf-languages mailing list> Ietf-languages at alvestrand.no> http://www.alvestrand.no/mailman/listinfo/ietf-languages