Addition request: alsatian

Jeremy Carroll jjc at hpl.hp.com
Thu Jan 10 18:47:57 CET 2008

I don't recall seeing a mention of RFC 4647 in this thread, and I wonder
if it may help clarify the issue.

I believe that we discussing whether particular text should be tagged as
   gsw-alsatian
or
   gsw-FR

Operationally this will impact the behaviour of an extended language
range '*-FR' which would not match gsw-alsatian but would match gsw-FR.

Guessing, I think the typical usage of such an extended language range,
would appropriately match the texts we are discussing, so I am weakly
inclined towards opposing the subtag request.

Jeremy