Addition request: alsatian

Frank Ellermann nobody at xyzzy.claranet.de
Tue Jan 8 06:25:55 CET 2008

Doug Ewell wrote:

>> I prefer to wait the current discussion on LTRU about the use
>> of Comments (proposed by Doug Ewell) to help people find
>> "alsatian" in the registry (my main concern with gsw-FR).

> I withdraw my endorsement of that solution.

Thanks, it was an idea, but let's reserve comments for harder
cases.  Maybe the issue here is a missing description, "gsw"
mentions Schwyzerdütsch (roughly gsw-CH) and Alemanic (roughly
gsw-DE for non-linguists in Germany).  If there would be also
a "gsw" description Alsatian (roughly corresponding to gsw-FR)
all essential parts of "gsw" would be covered "by name".

Of course improving descriptions is a job for the 639-3 folks,
but something with Alsatian and/or "gsw" isn't as it should be.

 Frank