Question on best code for Mauritian Creole

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Tue Dec 9 04:52:51 CET 2008

Mark Davis scripsit:

> We need to get the code for Mauritian Creole. Cf.
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mauritian_Creole
>
> My guess is that the best code for it would be: "cpf-MU"

Well, nobody can stop you from using that; it's syntactically valid and
semantically, well, not incorrect.

But personally I have been advising people to break the rules and use the
639-3 code, which is "mfe".  If we can ever escape the endless-refinement
loop in LTRU, that *will* be the highest quality valid language tag.

John Cowan    http://ccil.org/~cowan    cowan at ccil.org
Economists were put on this planet to make astrologers look good.
        --Leo McGarry