acade - LANGUAGE SUBTAG REGISTRATION FORM

Broome, Karen Karen_Broome at spe.sony.com
Tue Aug 26 00:06:32 CEST 2008

Mark,

I certainly see the need for this tag -- I almost registered it myself when the "tarask" tag came through. However, I’m wondering if there's a better subtag and description than "acade". I know "Narkamauka" is considered derogatory. Is there any other local name that could distinguish this dialect? I'm wondering if the government preference could change after this tag is created.

Seems like "academic" is a more broad classification that perhaps could be put to other use. I can't find an alternative, but I thought the point worth raising. Again, not opposed to this tag but wonder if there's a better subtag name. Could the date of the reform be used as we've done with other variants?

Regards,

Karen Broome