LANGUAGE SUBTAG REGISTRATION FORM: pinyin

Doug Ewell doug at ewellic.org
Sat Aug 2 23:30:18 CEST 2008

As mentioned earlier, while Pinyin is used primarily and overwhelmingly
for Mandarin Chinese, it does have use for other languages.  I don't
necessarily propose adding them all as Prefix fields (we can do that
later anyway if necessary), but I'd rather not see lots of text in the
proposal that attempts to restrict Pinyin to Mandarin.  It's not as
though we were talking about using 'boont' with Russian.

http://www.ewellic.org