LANGUAGE SUBTAG REGISTRATION FORM: pinyin

Phillips, Addison addison at amazon.com
Sat Aug 2 20:46:46 CEST 2008

"soon"

But it hardly matters: pinyin will still be relevant to the 'zh' subtag when 'cmn' is added to the registry, as it would be absurd to prevent people from using tags such as "zh-pinyin" or at least "zh-Lant-pinyin". AFAICT, there is no reason not to register this subtag, once we have the right initial registry entry.

I don't disagree with your previous post, which suggests that other important Romanization schemes could be registered. It is just that they haven't been requested. Nothing would prejudice their eventual registration by registering this and nothing prevents someone (including someone else, even the Subtag Reviewer) from requesting them.

Addison

Addison Phillips
Globalization Architect -- Lab126

Internationalization is not a feature.