Addition to ISO 639-3: [lyg]

Debbie Garside debbie at ictmarketing.co.uk
Sat Apr 26 10:26:29 CEST 2008

Hi Doug

I honestly cannot see that the ISO 639-3 MA will be making many changes and
certainly not bulk changes at this stage.  I think it is pretty safe to say
that changes would be introduced fairly piecemeal given that each one is
generally discussed within the JAC.  However, I believe we have already set
a precedent for adding comments in this way - see GB JE GG and IM.

I think for a coding system to be truly backwardly compatible we must log
the changes to assist users in ascertaining the history.  In this instance I
would like to see kha with the comment as mentioned previously and also, if
possible, a comment on lyg saying "see also kha".  Taken with the
change/registration date, this then provides a complete and tracked change
history within the registry.

Best wishes

Debbie