Erzgebirgisch Classification Question
cowan at ccil.org
Tue Apr 1 23:19:58 CEST 2008
Frank Ellermann scripsit:
> Germanic speakers hopefully tell you that saying "German"
> is an Anglosaxon joke, after using "Dutch" for something
> else they didn't bother to find a better name... <gd&r>
You guys have more names that any ethnic group I know:
* The Real People (German, Italian)
* The Macho Guys (French, Spanish, Portuguese)
* The Short-Sword Gang (Finnish, Estonian)
* The Band of Brothers (Latin, English)
* The Gang Who Can't Talk Straight (Polish, Russian, Arabic)
* The Folks (Latvian, Lithuanian)
(Full details at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Names_for_Germany .)
John Cowan cowan at ccil.org http://ccil.org/~cowan
Nobody expects the RESTifarian Inquisition! Our chief weapon is
surprise ... surprise and tedium ... tedium and surprise ....
Our two weapons are tedium and surprise ... and ruthless disregard
for unpleasant facts.... Our three weapons are tedium, surprise, and
ruthless disregard ... and an almost fanatical devotion to Roy Fielding....
More information about the Ietf-languages