Konkani Suppress-Script

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Wed Sep 5 21:40:38 CEST 2007

Debbie Garside scripsit:

> "The fact that the Latin script is predominantly used for Konkani
> separates it further from Marathi, which uses the Devanagari (see
> Glossary) script.  However, Konkani is also sometimes written in
> Devanagari and Kannada scripts.

I think it's time for that special pleading now, viz:

The fact that we have allegedly authoritative statements pointing in
different directions for the script in use is pretty good evidence that
there is no single dominant script.  Even non-authoritative statements
claiming that most Hindi is written in Latin, or that most English is
written in Devanagari, are not to be found.

Formal proposal follows.

--
Possession is said to be nine points of the law,                John Cowan
but that's not saying how many points the law might have.       cowan at ccil.org