639-3 updates

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Sun May 13 21:19:43 CEST 2007

Michael Everson scripsit:

> Next time, please put it more plainly, please.

I was careful to say no less than I knew, and no more than I could infer.

> (It seems to me that if one knows what something is, one should tag
> it accordingly, and that if one does NOT know what something is, one
> should not tag it at all. Tagging it with an "I don't know right now"
> tag seems to me to be peculiar at best, and temporary in the long
> run. That is my personal opinion.)

Quite so.  Furthermore, we already have the tag "und" to represent,
when it is necessary to do so, complete ignorance.  Furthermore,
we have the language-collection tags to represent partial ignorance,
as when one knows that a document is in a Chamic language but
not which one.

John Cowan        http://www.ccil.org/~cowan          cowan at ccil.org
Please leave your values                Check your assumptions.  In fact,
   at the front desk.                      check your assumptions at the door.
     --sign in Paris hotel                   --Cordelia Vorkosigan