Registration request: "mis" comment clarifying meaning

Kent Karlsson kent.karlsson14 at comhem.se
Fri May 11 19:38:37 CEST 2007

> He's changed his comment request from "A collection of languages
> which don't belong to any other collection" to "A collection of
> unrelated languages which don't belong to any other ISO 639
> collection"

I don't think we should add any comment on this in the registry,
in particular neither of those comments. The 4646bis draft text
deals with this in a better way, so just let this be commented
on in 4646bis.

> Is "mis" a subtag? Or is it a tag?

It's a primary language subtag (for a collection, the top level
collection), and therefore also a tag. But in the context of
4646bis and the 7000+ primary language subtags for all known
natural languages, it is not particularly useful.

Similar comments could, but should not, be added for all
of the collection primary language subtags, apart from noting
that they are collection tags (so that one does not need to
But nothing more than that. However, that should be handled
by the 4646bis/4645bis updates. Not by single registrations.

	/kent k