be-tarask language subtag registration form

Jaska Zedlik sub at zedlik.com
Sat Mar 31 23:42:29 CEST 2007

Saturday, March 31, 2007, 11:28:33 PM, C Eddie Whitehead wrote:

CEW> for the traditional
CEW> we'd need something indicating that:

CEW> the subtag is based on an orthography in use before the 1933
CEW> language reform.

I don't think somebody really can need it. In current practice is
used either modern-1959 or Taraskevica finally codificated in 2005.
Even a spell checker for Microsoft Word developed in 2004 uses both
modern othography and classical orthography with the dictionary and
rules based on Taraskievica normalized in the second part of the 20th
century.

Never the less pre-1933 language can also be considered as
Taraskievica because it has more in common than official orthography
does. Of course, this is not suitable for a spell checker, but I, as a
Belarusian speaker and Taraskievica user, can't imagine now a real
situation where spell checking of pre-1933 can be needed.

Regards,
Jaska Zedlik