be-tarask language subtag registration form

C Eddie Whitehead cewcathar at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 31 16:36:13 CEST 2007

Hi, Frank, all,
what I found online on this was at a somewhat politicized (pro 1933 orthography) web site for Belarussian Radio:
http://www.belradio.fm/en/66/news/2459/

(but the fact that their are political issues surrounding this choice of orthography does not mean it does not deserve some sort of subtag since it exists on the web and spelling in it differs from spelling in the other)

I tend to favor of Frank's suggestion for registering the two variants of the orthography (with users ideally being able to choose a default)
(I also say this below).

--C. E. Whitehead
cewcathar at hotmail.com

Frank Ellermann <nobody at xyzzy.claranet.de> wrote: zedlik wrote:

> in Internet Taraskievica is used much oftener than Narkamauka

If that's the case it could be better to register both variants,
maybe using "1933" or "1959" for the official orthography.

The application I've in mind are spell checkers, they could ask
the user or pick a user defined default for "be" texts without
variant, and otherwise they'd use "tarask" vs. "1993" or "1959".

Frank
I agree that this would be important for spell checkers
+1