Reshat Sabiq's requests for two Tatar orthographic variants

CE Whitehead cewcathar at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 25 21:02:43 CEST 2007

>At 12:48 -0700 2007-03-24, Peter Constable wrote:
>>
>>Somebody, please, just pick a date and get on with it. We've got to be
>>able to live with a bit of ambiguity in our lives.
>
>Is the tag intended for general use for all these languages? In that case
>1929 would do if we don't want to specify individual dictionaries for
>these.
Yes, 1927 and 1928 only will do for tatar; and maybe some of the others;
from what I could gather from the article
(there's also the conference date, 1926; don't think Michael E. liked that,
but  . . . )

I'm sort of waiting to hear from Reshat actually.

>This is still messy, and why is Mr Whitehead speaking for Reshat?

I hope I am not; I just decided to look up the various dates when the issue
about Baku came up;
Reshat will know which subtag he wants
(baku1926, uta1929, nta1929)
but if he does not get back with us soon,
what should we do?
Can we go ahead and get on with it in a week?
Or no?

--C. E. Whitehead
cewcathar at hotmail.com