NEW-INSERT LANGUAGE SUBTAG MODIFICATION for "1694acad"

CE Whitehead cewcathar at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 21 15:31:11 CET 2007

Doug, Michael E., all:
John's "Dictionnaire de l'académie françoise" is the correct 1694 spelling;
if the subtag request got forwarded with the incorrect spelling should I
submit a correction request?
My other comments are below.

--C. E. Whitehead
cewcathar at hotmail.com

>Shouldn't that rather be recte "l'académie française"? I  only ask because
>that is how I would spell it today, unless it had a  different spelling in
>1694 - did it?
>mg

Marion, it did have a different spelling in in 1694--one of the reasons for
requesting the subtag.

l'académie françoise (oi/oy/oiy > ai)

>On 20 Mar 2007, at 19:31, John Cowan:
>
>>Doug Ewell scripsit:
>>

>>>  l'académe françoise", 4eme ed. 1694; frequently includes
>>>

>>recte:
>>

>>>"Dictionnaire de l'académie françoise," 4eme ed. 1694; frequently

This  (Dictionnaire de l'académie françoise) is the correct spelling; thanks
John, my error (in 1606 the c-cedil was not yet in use before oi/oy/oiy, but
in 1694 it frequently was and was the spelling of the title; I probably did
not use the proper keys to encode the subtag name--I retyped it rather than
simply copying it; my mistake).

Don't know which way the request got forwarded and, if it got forwarded with
the incorrect spelling should I submit a correction request?

Thanks.

--C. E. Whitehead
cewcathar at hotmail.com