Status?

CE Whitehead cewcathar at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 20 18:26:56 CET 2007

Thanks Addison for digging the request out of the archives.  I note also
that for the second subtag requested here, that someone has suggested 1606
without nict (nict here is almost confusing, since the name is Nicot not
nict, so it is fine with me if all want to change it to just 1606 since
there is a reference to Jean Nicot in the comments; the name 1694acad for
the first subtag requested should not be that confusing).

--C. E. Whitehead
cewcathar at hotmail.com

Type: Variant
Subtag:  1694acad
Prefix: fr
Preferred-Value:
Deprecated:
Suppress-Script:
Comments: 17th century French, as catalogued in the "Dictionnaire de
    l'académe françoise", 4eme ed. 1694; frequently includes
    elements of Middle French, as this is a transitional period

Type: Variant
Subtag: 1606nict
Prefix: frm
Preferred-Value:
Deprecated:
Suppress-Script:
Comments: 16th century French as in Jean Nicot, "Thresor de
    la langue francoyse" 1606, but also including some French similar to
that of Rabelais