Status?

CE Whitehead cewcathar at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 19 17:37:20 CET 2007

Hi I preferred the century subtags
16siecle
and
17siecle
with a comment linked to the appropriate dictionary  (Academie Francaise,
1694; or Jean Nicot, Tresor de la langue francoise, 1606)

mainly because I did not want to exclude the French of Rabelais, which is
not really in Nicot 1606,
from the earlier subtag.

However, if everyone else is in favor of
1694acad
and
1606nict

I will be perfectly content.