Erratum in new Registry

Doug Ewell dewell at adelphia.net
Fri Mar 9 08:14:05 CET 2007

Through an error which was entirely my fault, the new entry in the
Registry for Valencian has the "Added" and "Prefix" lines reversed.

We added:

Type: variant
Subtag: valencia
Prefix: ca
Added: 2007-03-06
Comments: Variety spoken in the "Comunidad Valenciana" region of Spain,
  where it is co-official with Spanish.

Should be:

Type: variant
Subtag: valencia
Added: 2007-03-06
Prefix: ca
Comments: Variety spoken in the "Comunidad Valenciana" region of Spain,
  where it is co-official with Spanish.

I looked through RFC 4646 and couldn't find anything explicit about the
relative order of these two fields, and it shouldn't break any parsers.
But for consistency with other records, the Prefix field is supposed to
go after the Added field.

I ask the Reviewer to ask IANA to make this simple change.  Copying and
pasting the lines following "Should be:" would do the job.

http://users.adelphia.net/~dewell/