The Language Subtag Reviewer

Michael Everson everson at evertype.com
Tue Mar 6 16:17:19 CET 2007

It has come to my attention that some people think I ought to be a
member of the LTRU discussion list.

I do not have time for another high-volume e-mail list. It is
difficult enough to deal with all the off-topic discussion on the
IEFTLANG list. It certainly makes it hard to keep track of whether
there is consensus on actual applications for subtags.

It has also come to my attention that the description of Language
Subtag Reviewer's role and tasks is being discussed.

In my opinion, the LSR should be a team, including one person who
knows about languages and linguistics, one person who deals with the
formatting and protocol matters, and one person to own and moderate
the discussion list.

We already have this in practice, namely the team of myself, Doug
Ewell, and Harald Alvestrand.

That team works well as far as I can see.

This message can be conveyed to the LTRU list if someone thinks it appropriate.