Converting non-ASCII to ASCII

CE Whitehead cewcathar at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 26 17:25:12 CEST 2007

Hi, my comments are below; sorry to say we cannot just download viewers here
for any platform, whatsoever (our operating system is fairly new here; on
another computer I've used unicode viewing is not even an option)

--C. E. Whitehead
cewcathar at hotmail.com

>From: "Doug Ewell" <dewell at roadrunner.com>

>CE Whitehead <cewcathar at hotmail dot com> wrote:
>

>If it is decided to add a transliteration for this and other "obvious"
>non-ASCII text, there should be no need for the original submitter to send
>a revised form.
I've got one ready if you need it.  I can save you the trouble.  (I'll send
it off-list if you like, you can save it, add it to the others if you have
room in your email.)

>>Also be-tarask was all done as ascii transliterations; we argued about
>>which transliteration to use (in this case there was some discussion); do
>>we now need to include the utf-8 characters/escape sequences for it???
>
>It's already a transliteration.  I think we are making this way too
>complicated.

I'm sorry, I wanted to make it match the others which will ultimately
include both escape sequences and transliterations.

Oh well.  But think about it.

>This is 2007.  It shouldn't be hard to find a UTF-8-enabled editor or file
>viewer for just about any platform.
>
>--
>Doug Ewell  *  Fullerton, California, USA  *  RFC 4645  *  UTN #14

I'm sorry, it's not an option.  Period.  Unless you have your own computer
for surfing the internet; we cannot buy/download these things.

--C. E. Whitehead
cewcathar at hotmail.com