Converting non-ASCII to ASCII

Addison Phillips addison at yahoo-inc.com
Mon Jun 25 19:25:11 CEST 2007

Doug Ewell wrote:

> The question of providing pure-ASCII transliterations for every string
> in the Registry that includes a hex NCR, even something like
> Provençal, is an operational detail, and does belong on this list
> IMHO.

That's not quite true: this list can discuss whether to make
registration changes to include a pure-ASCII transliteration for items
that currently have hex escapes, both for specific records and as a
general registration policy. I agree with Doug that we should limit
discussion of changing the rules inside RFC 4646: such discussions on
this list are moot.

Addison

--
Addison Phillips