NEW-MODIFY LANGUAGE SUBTAG MODIFICATION for "baku1926"

CE Whitehead cewcathar at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 21 18:02:25 CEST 2007

Hi.  See my comments below.

Michael Everson everson at evertype.com
Wed Jun 20 19:14:04 CEST 2007

>At 12:03 -0500 2007-06-20, Reshat Sabiq (Res¸t) wrote:

> > There's a bunch of tags in
> > http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry
> > that use character escapes and don't transliterate anything.

>Yes, and they should all get informative transliterations to help humans to
>use those files.

Argh!
(It's not me who has to do all this though . . . not at this point???)
But does this mean that my Comments (see below)
need also to be sent to be modified?

Change to:

Comments: 17th century French, as catalogued in the "Dictionnaire de
  l'académie françoise" (l'academie francoise), 4eme ed. 1694;
frequently includes
  elements of Middle French, as this is a transitional period

Current subtag:

Type: variant
Subtag: 1694acad
Added: 2007-03-20
Prefix: fr
Comments: 17th century French, as catalogued in the "Dictionnaire de
  l'académie françoise", 4eme ed. 1694; frequently includes
  elements of Middle French, as this is a transitional period
%%

* * *

Here are the remaining subtags (from
http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry)--
where there are escape sequences in
the description  (I do not see any more with escape sequences in the
comments); I can try to
transliterate these--but as I am not familiar with all of these languages
I have transliterated just those I am familiar with:

Type: language
Subtag: nb
Added: 2005-10-16
Suppress-Script: Latn
%%

** (Provencal)
Type: language
Subtag: oc
Added: 2005-10-16
%%

Type: language
Subtag: vo
Added: 2005-10-16
%%

Type: language
Subtag: gwi
Added: 2005-10-16
%%

Type: language
Subtag: nqo
Added: 2006-06-05
Suppress-Script: Nkoo
%%

** (Provencal)
Type: language
Subtag: pro
Added: 2005-10-16
%%

Type: script
Subtag: Ethi
Added: 2005-10-16
%%

Type: script
Subtag: Hang
Added: 2005-10-16
%%

Type: script
Subtag: Hano
Added: 2005-10-16
%%

Type: script
Subtag: Lepc
Added: 2005-10-16
%%

Type: script
Subtag: Nkoo
Added: 2005-10-16
%%

Type: region
Subtag: AX
Added: 2005-10-16
%%

** (Cote d'IVoire)
Type: region
Subtag: CI
Added: 2005-10-16
%%

?? (Reunion)
Type: region
Subtag: RE
Added: 2005-10-16
%%

* * *

Also does belarussian now get escape sequences too for the Slavic Latin
letters ts/c?? In the description??
"Taraskievica orthography"??

Type: variant
Subtag: tarask
Added: 2007-04-27
Prefix: be
Comments: The subtag represents Branislau Taraskievic's Belarusian
  orthography as published in "Bielaruski klasycny pravapis" by Juras
  Buslakou, Vincuk Viacorka, Zmicier Sanko, and Zmicier Sauka (Vilnia-
  Miensk 2005).
%%

--C. E. Whitehead
cewcathar at hotmail.com