[Ltru] RE: (iso639.2708) RE: ISO 639-2 decision: "mis"

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Mon Jun 18 23:19:36 CEST 2007

Mark Davis scripsit:

>   - Have a code I'll call here "root" (to avoid any misunderstanding
>   about the meaning of "mis".)
>   - Have it be valid to tag any language content with "root".
>   - State that one SHOULD tag as narrowly as possible, thus avoid "root"
>   if there is a more specific language code.

If you feel strongly about this, you could ask for it to be registered
as an (exceptional) RFC 4646 language subtag.  "Root" is too short,
but "somelang" would work.

--
Take two turkeys, one goose, four               John Cowan
cabbages, but no duck, and mix them             http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
together. After one taste, you'll duck          cowan at ccil.org
soup the rest of your life.
        --Groucho