Variant tags for sl-rozaj: History and preliminaries Draft of message

Addison Phillips addison at yahoo-inc.com
Fri Jun 15 20:00:09 CEST 2007

John Cowan wrote:

>> My gut feeling is that this is governed by the word "prefix": all of the
>> subtags that make up the Prefix field for Subtag X must appear in the
>> tag BEFORE Subtag X is added.  I can see how a language lawyer might
>> argue this point, though.
>
> Yes.  Let's fix this bug in 4646bis.

The meaning of prefix really should be clear in the text. When John says
"let's fix this bug", I presume he means that we should explicitly say
that all prefix subtags must appear to the left of the variant in question.

To that, I can say: +1

Copying ltru, where this discussion should continue.

Addison

--
Addison Phillips
Globalization Architect -- Yahoo! Inc.