Suppress-Script for Korean?

CE Whitehead cewcathar at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 26 16:26:25 CEST 2007

>At 15:15 +0100 2007-07-25, Jon Hanna wrote:
>
>>Now. Whether that actually applies or not to Korean
>
>It does.
>
>--
>Michael Everson * http://www.evertype.com

Michael, are you saying then that a suppress script for kore is not
appropriate since there is more than one writing system that a literate
native speaker might reasonably recognize as normal??

Just want to clarify this.
Thanks.

--C. E. Whitehead
cewcathar at hotmail.com
(Myself I remember the case for belarussian where the existing standard did
not need an additional variant subtag since in some since it was the default
value; whereas the classical variety did need such a subtag--or else would
be confused with the other.  Default values may be different than
suppress-script of course, but . . . )