Suppress-Script for Korean?

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Tue Jul 24 21:45:18 CEST 2007

Harald Tveit Alvestrand scripsit:

> You tickle my curiosity....
>
> where is it stated, authoritatively, that "Hang" is a proper subset of
> "Kore"?

The 15924 listing page at
http://www.unicode.org/iso15924/iso15924-codes.html defines "Kore" thus:

Kore    287     Korean (alias for Hangul + Han)         coréen (alias pour hangûl + han)

> Since I've been bemoaning the lack of lists of which characters a given
> script contains in other contexts (even while I was acknowledging that
> making such lists is a hard and extremely painful task), any hint that
> such lists may exist for a script tickles my curiosity.

See http://www.unicode.org/Public/UNIDATA/Scripts.txt .
These properties are considered informative by Unicode.  Now what is
a much harder problem is to say which characters are required by a
given *language*, and while there are a variety of partial answers,
there is nothing that approaches the authoritative.

--
Your worships will perhaps be thinking          John Cowan
that it is an easy thing to blow up a dog?      http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
    --Don Quixote, Introduction                 cowan at ccil.org