Archive Entry for baku1926

Doug Ewell dewell at roadrunner.com
Tue Jul 24 08:06:34 CEST 2007

On Mon Jul 2 17:09:11 CEST 2007, CE Whitehead <cewcathar at hotmail dot
com> wrote:

> Hi, I tried to do an archive entry for baku1926, but as I never heard
> back from Reshat as to what references he wanted included in it, I did
> a rough entry and then a collection of extra resources; I leave it up
> to Doug and the list what--if anything--to do to complete the archive.

> Additional resources listed at:
> http://www.geocities.com/quaiouestenglish/ietftemp/additionalresourcesbaku1926.html
>
> & also below:
>
> ADDITIONAL RESOURCES which Reshat has not confirmed
> (from discussion):
>
> &#1043;&#1056;&#1040;&#1053;&#1044;&#1045;, &#1041;.  (1934).

I'm rather strongly of the opinion that this extra material does NOT
belong in the registration forms archived by IANA.  The registration
forms should be those that contributed to the approval of the subtags.

>From Section 3.1:
"The IANA Language Subtag Registry ("the registry") consists of a text
file that is machine readable in the format described in this section,
plus copies of the registration forms approved in accordance with the
process described in Section 3.5."

>From Section 3.5:
"All approved registration forms are available online in the directory
http://www.iana.org/numbers.html under 'languages'."

There is no provision to add supplementary references or other
information to a registration form after the subtag has been approved.

Requestors who wish to have particular references considered as part of
the registration process, or wish to have them available for later
perusal, should make sure they are included on the ORIGINAL form.
Several requestors have included extensive references on their
registration forms already; this shows that this part of the process is
working.

I'm getting ready to post forms to the list (before shipping them to
IANA) for all of the variants we have registered since October 2005, but
first I want to make sure we are all clear on this point.

http://users.adelphia.net/~dewell/