LANGUAGE SUBTAG REGISTRATION FORM

CE Whitehead cewcathar at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 31 00:50:50 CET 2007

>Frank Ellermann wrote:
>>
>>>I would gently suggest a mildly different form:
>>
>>>Type: variation
>>
>>s/tion/nt/
>
>Whups. Didn't catch that typo in copying the request.
>

>>>Subtag: valencia
>>
>>IMO too many similar descriptions, I'd prefer two (native + English).
>>

>I tend to agree. But the requester requested the four.
>
>While Michael and others fear a slippery slope, I think there is a balance
>between that and the desire of the requester. And I can see some
>justification for putting in Spanish.
>
>Addison
>
>--
>Addison Phillips
>Globalization Architect -- Yahoo! Inc.

Sorry, I replied to your last message without reading this whole argument!
(My back is out so I am reading fast!)
I support the mention of Spanish as a co-language in the comments section
but think that one or two spellings of the language tag should suffice.
That would be the Valencian spelling and the English.
--C. E. Whitehead
cewcathar at hotmail.com