Request for variant subtag fr 16th-c 17th-c RESUBMISSION

CE Whitehead cewcathar at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 27 21:44:33 CET 2007

>for the subtag:
>1694acad
>
>perhaps I could get all this in:
>
>Comments:  several varieties of French, including the variety used in the
>16th century, a more modern variety (essentially modern, save differences
>in usage), and other more irregular varieties with elements of 15th century
>French, as well as 16th century French.

Another alternative would be for me to create a page with clickable sections
linked to 17th century maps of Old and New France (though I have no access
to such maps or to mapping resources that would enable me to use them in my
own page)
where various original 17th century texts are linked to and colors are used
to encode the language variety;
with descriptions of the various varieties (probably 3) provided in a
margin!

I do not know when that would be; at this point, I would have to steal the
maps and I prefer not to.

--C. E. Whitehead
cewcathar at hotmail.com