Valencian registration (Was: LANGUAGE SUBTAG REGISTRATION FORM

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Wed Jan 24 15:49:50 CET 2007

On Mon, Jan 22, 2007 at 12:47:46PM +0100,
 GBH00998 at correo.aeat.es <GBH00998 at correo.aeat.es> wrote
 a message of 107 lines which said:

> I forward the request in plain text.

I took the liberty to rewrite it in what is, I believe, a
RFC4646-compliant request. Tell me what do you think of it.

LANGUAGE SUBTAG REGISTRATION FORM

1. Name of requester: Gabriel Babiano Huete (Agencia Española de
Administración Tributaria)

2. E-mail address of requester: gabriel.babiano at correo.aeat.es

3. Record Requested:

Type: variant
Subtag: valencia
Prefix: ca

4. Intended meaning of the subtag: Valencian is a language slight different
from catalan that is spoken in the region: "Comunidad Valenciana" (code
"VC" of ISO 3166-2:1998)

5. Reference to published description of the language (book or article):
LEY ORGÁNICA 5/1982, DE 1 DE JULIO, DE ESTATUTO DE AUTONOMÍA DE LA
COMUNIDAD VALENCIANA [DOGV núm. 74, de 15 de julio]
http://www.gva.es/cidaj/cas/c-normas/5-1982.htm#9

6. Any other relevant information: