Request for variant subtag fr 16th-c 17th-c Resubmitted!

Marion Gunn mgunn at egt.ie
Mon Jan 22 18:00:45 CET 2007

Perhaps there are different Breton dialects of French (just as there
are different Irish dialects of English), but Breton is a distinct
language in and of itself (which is very distantly related to Irish
and totally different from French).

Hope this helps,
mg

On 20 Jan 2007, at 21:19, scríobh CE Whitehead:

> it can also indicate a relation between French and various Creoles/
> dialects; the issue comes when we look at dialects in the South
> like Provencal, Occitan, which are in some ways closer to Catalan
> (a dialect of Spain and Andorras too, Andorrras I think has been
> overlooked by the ca tag, but that is another issue)  and to
> Galllego (a dialect of Portugal?); and then at a dialect of the
> North, Breton, which is also classified as Celtic.

- -
Marion Gunn * EGTeo (Estab.1991)
27 Páirc an Fhéithlinn, Baile an
Bhóthair, Co. Átha Cliath, Éire.