ISO 639 name change: Songhai languages

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Sat Jan 6 23:43:29 CET 2007

Kent Karlsson scripsit:

> > This is exactly the sort of evidence that would persuade
> > 639-3/RA to add a new macrolanguage.
>
> No, why? Keyboard layouts is quite out of scope for that.

I wasn't speaking about the keyboard layout per se, but rather
the fact that for certain purposes the Fula, Fulfulde, and Pulaar
languages are treated as a single language named "Fula".
That is the sort of thing that makes a macrolanguage designation
sensible.

--
John Cowan   cowan at ccil.org    http://ccil.org/~cowan
The known is finite, the unknown infinite; intellectually we stand