[Ltru] Re: Last Call: draft-mcwalter-langtag-mib (Language Ta g MIB) to Proposed Standard

McDonald, Ira imcdonald at sharplabs.com
Tue Feb 27 23:54:14 CET 2007

Hi Bill,

Yes - from the IEEE/ISTO Printer Working Group, see the
Job Monitoring MIB (RFC 2707) which defined the textual
convention 'JmNaturalLanguageTagTC' on page 69.  It uses
max length 63 octets to be consistent with the earlier
Internet Printing Protocol/1.0 (RFC 2566, now RFC 2911)
that defined the datatype 'naturalLanguage' on page 67,
also of max length 63 octets.

Various printer vendor enterprise MIBs have imported this
RFC 2707 textual convention or used this same max length
(I wrote them at Xerox and Sharp, but I've seen others).

Cheers,
- Ira

Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI  49839