The limit of language codes

Mark Crispin MRC at CAC.Washington.EDU
Tue Feb 20 17:45:18 CET 2007

On Tue, 20 Feb 2007, Doug Ewell wrote:
>> 3. Inability/refusal to accept that difference also tends to mark people
>> unable/unwilling to accept the difference between Iran and Iraq.:-(
> I hope this is not another of those thinly veiled blanket attacks against
> Americans.  The more personally that was intended, the more offensive it is.
> I didn't vote for our current President (to whom the statement might apply)
> and that's more than enough.

So why did you just do the same thing?

I did vote for our current President.  I can assure you that I know the
difference between Iran and Iraq (as does our current President).  I know
the difference between Great Britain and the United Kingdom.  I have also
been IQ tested.

It may be fashionable to label political opponents as being intellectually
inferior, especially when (as in the case of our current President) the
person being labelled has a vulnerability such as a speech impediment.
Nonetheless, doing this is the equivalent of young children calling each
other "retard": malicious, cruel, false, and ultimately self-destructive.

-- Mark --

http://staff.washington.edu/mrc
Si vis pacem, para bellum.