The limit of language codes

Marion Gunn mgunn at egt.ie
Tue Feb 20 15:15:50 CET 2007

When construction work on ISO 3166 first began, no thought was given
to the matching of territories to languages for tagging purposes, but
the development of the web has since given us the more suitable ISO
code uk (as used in UK e-mail addresses) it makes more sense to fix
that old (gb) error by matching the correct, newer (uk) code to such
languages codes as it happens to fit.
mg

On 20 Feb 2007, at 13:49, scríobh Debbie Garside:
> Nobody that I know in the UK ever refers to GB but I think we have
> to accept
> the difficulties and precedents involved here and move on.

- -
Marion Gunn * EGTeo (Estab.1991)
27 Páirc an Fhéithlinn, Baile an
Bhóthair, Co. Átha Cliath, Éire.