[Ltru] Re: Macrolanguages, countries & orthographies

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Wed Feb 14 23:32:13 CET 2007

Peter Constable scripsit:

> You folk could as readily discuss what parts of the colour space
> "Red" should encompass, but for anyone to suggest that this coded
> symbol in HTML can be used for anything other than #FF0000 would be
> ridiculous. This discussion is starting to strike me as similar to that.

Well, then there is "Red (macrocolor)" and "Red (specific)".
But I, at least, am certainly not proposing making en/eng into a
macrolanguage.  A macrolanguage covering ang, mne, eng, and sco,
yes.

--
John Cowan <cowan at ccil.org>             http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
It's like if you meet an really old, really rich guy covered in liver