[Ltru] Re: Last Call: draft-mcwalter-langtag-mib (Language Ta g MIB) to Proposed Standard

McDonald, Ira imcdonald at sharplabs.com
Sat Feb 10 22:15:58 CET 2007

Hi,

Right - ASN.1 doesn't allow discontinuous integer ranges.
The DESCRIPTION clause of this textual convention could
disallow the length of '1', but it's not important to do,
I think.

With respect to max length of 60, the public MIBs that
I'm aware of often use 63 octets and the rest use a
longer max length (except for the admittedly flawed
legacy objects in Printer MIB v2, RFC 3805 - I tried
to fix them before we published RFC 3805, but got shot
down by my co-editors).

Cheers,
- Ira

Blue Roof Music / High North Inc