Proposal for a subtag registration (fr-2004-ORTOGRAF or fr-ortograf ?) redone by CEW

Debbie Garside debbie at ictmarketing.co.uk
Wed Dec 12 17:53:18 CET 2007

Michael wrote:

> I do not agree with the tag "ortograf". "periard"
> would be acceptable, if this entity is accepted at all.

I agree.  Although I would still like to establish whether the orthography
is being used by people other than the inventor(s) and I am not sure I have
seen that yet.

The question is, does it really matter if there is only one user, in this
case the inventor? I would also like to know what exactly RFC4646 states
with regards to dealing with these types of requests; which may become more
frequent in the future.

Should the RFC be updated to state that, for instance, there must be a
minimum number of separate users evidenced in such requests?  As LTRU are
currently updating RFC4646 this may be a good time to discuss this - over on
LTRU of course.  This would certainly assist members when making decisions
on what to and what not to include within the Registry or whether we just
allow all requests.  I have not cross-posted to LTRU but I am sure that
Martin or Randy will pick up on this if they deem it necessary.

Best

Debbie