Proposal for a subtag registration (fr-2004-ORTOGRAF or fr-ortograf ?) redone by CEW

Randy Presuhn randy_presuhn at mindspring.com
Tue Dec 11 21:49:44 CET 2007

Hi -

Translation:
  Please post messages to the list in plain text.
  Permitting some email programs to interpret HTML
  entails excessive security risks.  Consequently,
  prudent users of such systems disable the display
  of HTML email message content.  One might argue
  that the users of such systems should replace their
  systems or software with more robust packages.
  However, these users may have more pressing
  concerns at the moment.

I agree that posting email messages encoded in HTML
is generally not a good practice, particularly when the
HTML adds no value to what could be carried in plain text.

Randy